Civil Engineering develops construction and rehabilitation solutions to cater to the needs of urban day-to-day life. Civil engineers design, develop and explore systems, which allow us to use them adequately, with particular emphasis on the improvement of the quality of life. Essential activities are the management of works and projects, the planning of transport networks, the construction of hydraulic works and the use of water resources.
Skills to be acquired as a consequence of training in basic sciences:
• understanding of mathematical models of engineering problems using statistical elements, linear algebra,
differential and integral calculus, or linear differential equations;
• in Physics, knowledge in mechanics and thermodynamics;
• in Chemistry, the foundations for knowledge of materials;
• basic Geology training.
Skills to be acquired as a consequence of training in Civil Engineering sciences:
• ability to apply concepts of structural mechanics (strength of materials and structural analysis), fluid mechanics
(hydraulics) and soil / rock mechanics;
• understanding of the urban phenomena and the process of town planning;
• understanding of operational research methods in formulating decision problems;
• ability to perform a topographical survey and the use of computer aided drawing;
• understanding the behavior of building materials and the physics of buildings.
National Admission 2023/24
Grade of the last student admitted – 1st phase120.30Grade of the last student admitted – 2nd phase120.30